The Chambers Global rankings for 2018 were released last week, and once again Bird & Bird secured an excellent set of results.
Chambers Global ranks those firms and individuals who are performing at the top of the market, with a particular emphasis on those which are carrying out important cross-border and international work. It features global-wide and region-wide tables, as well as some country-specific sections.
Highlights for our firm include 14 Band 1 rankings, three more than last year:
Global-Wide Band 1 rankings for the first time in two areas:
- Intellectual Property
Prestigious Band 1 firm rankings for:
- China – Intellectual Property
- Cuba – General Business Law (Experts Based Abroad)
- Europe-Wide – Data Protection
- Europe-Wide – Intellectual Property
- Europe-Wide – Life Sciences
- Europe-Wide – TMT: Information Technology
- Europe-Wide – TMT: Telecommunications
- Germany – Intellectual Property: Patent Litigation
- Italy – Intellectual Property
- Spain – Intellectual Property
- UK – Intellectual Property
- UK – Intellectual Property: Patent Litigation
The firm also received recognition in the below areas for the first time in Chambers Global:
- Australia – Intellectual Property
- China – Dispute Resolution: Arbitration (International Firms)
- Germany – Competition/ European Law
- India – Dispute Resolution (Expertise Based Abroad)
- United Arab Emirates – Commercial Contracts
A number of the firm’s individual lawyers also received top recognition in the guide.
The original press release can be found here on Bird & Bird’s website.