Our client, a leading international law firm, is looking for a talented UK Qualified M&A PE lawyer for a regional role to be based in Kiev, Ukraine.
The firm has been regularly involved in major transactions shaping business environment in the region. Their operations focus on working with major international investors on cross border work in the region including CEE/SEE, Ukraine, Russia, and Turkey. They advise investment banks, private equity funds, and major international corporations on landmark deals in the region.
The mission for the Associate is to take the “second seat” on cross-border M&A/ PE transactions and lead a team on smaller transactions, freeing up the partners to focus on bigger picture issues and on business development.
The ideal candidate is a UK qualified lawyer with 2-6 years of post-qualified Corporate M&A and PE experience. The firm would also consider NQ lawyers with demonstrated capabilities and drive for this role. You will be based in Kiev and advise international clients on high-profile private equity and M&A transactions across Europe and beyond. Near native fluency in English is required, additional foreign language will be an asset.
- Entrepreneurial drive to succeed. Committed to achieving outcomes, without being abrasive or inflexible.
- Top legal talent. Secures full respect from clients and colleagues on the ability to understand and achieve the best legal results possible. Demonstrates in-depth knowledge and understanding of company, securities and contract law.
- Business understanding. Able to grasp clients’ commercial objectives and develop a relationship with clients as their commercial and legal counselor.
- Teamwork. Works as an integrated part of the office and the regional M&A/PE team, with a healthy respect for peers and juniors, and the willingness and patience to take the time to train juniors.
- Presence. Ability to analyze issues and make decisions quickly, and take a forceful stand without being overly abrasive.
- Attention to Detail. Demonstrates thoroughness, precision and attention to detail in his or her day-to-day work, and is dedicated to producing high quality work product.
- Integrity and work ethic. Works to develop long-term relationships based on trust, respect, and hard work. Does not cut corners ethically.
- Communication. Speaks and writes clearly, articulately and truthfully; gets to the point directly and efficiently. Has strong drafting skills in English.
To apply for this role please email your CV in English to firstname.lastname@example.org. For a confidential discussion call Alena Mikhaelyan on +44 7469 690701.
We review applications on a weekly basis, and only contact candidates that meet the specific criteria of our client for a telephone interview. If you do not receive a reply for this particular role we’ve advertised, please do not let this deter you from applying for future roles. For more legal career opportunities please visit: https://legalisglobal.com/job-search/
Legalis adheres to all applicable privacy laws and regulations. Your application for a vacancy represented by Legalis, and the corresponding submission of the personal data contained in your CV, implies consent to the dissemination of your personal and professional details for work-finding purposes. All applications to Legalis are handled with the strictest of confidentiality and your CV will never be forwarded to a third party without your express and prior consent. In addition, by applying for this vacancy you agree that Legalis has full authorization to handle your information internally. Further details are available upon request.