Our client, a global law firm with more than 2,500 lawyers in 40+ offices on five continents, seeks a TMT Partner to join their Madrid or Barcelonaoffice. This exciting opportunity has arisen for a seasoned and ambitious Partner who is familiar with Global Technology, Media, and Telecom investment trends affecting clients from venture capital to strategic investment globally, joining one of the fastest growing dynamic technology teams in Europe with a prestigious client base. The role could be filled with a lawyer focused on the TMT sector, an Entertainment lawyer, IP, Regulatory/Public law, or IT in the sense of having more international capacity to service digital media clients. This Partner is welcome to join with their team of associates.
The TMT practice has a first class client management approach. A determination to deliver high-quality focused services to our clients is essential, as is maintaining and developing client relationships. The geographic scope of the role could easily expand from Spain to LATAM where the firm has growing work. This is an excellent opportunity for a seasoned attorney to join a sophisticated TMT practice and work in a dynamic and team-oriented atmosphere while enjoying the benefits and resources of an international law firm.
The ideal candidate should:
- Have a substantial book of business, ideally across the industries such as digital and communications media, entertainment, software, mobile, and internet/e-commerce.
- Be recognized as a leading expert in the TMT sector.
- Have a wide range of experience including commercial, IP, technology, e-commerce, sponsorship, and data protection.
- Be able to handle all aspects of IT and outsourcing transactions, software law, and the exploitation of databases, as well as acting for leading IT users and suppliers on software development, licensing, maintenance & support, software as service, open source software, SLAs and large scale IT outsourcing.
- Have experience in advising on data privacy law and have advised numerous data controllers and data subjects on all aspects of data privacy including binding corporate rules and global data transfers, data breaches, data protection audits, and sharing and purchase of data.
Our client requires candidates having the following qualifications/skills:
- Outstanding reputation in TMT
- At least 10 years of relevant experience (in TMT and/or related sectors) in a leading Spanish or international law firm
- Portable clients and/or business of at least 800K + EUR
- Fluency in English, both written and oral, as well as Spanish
- Client focused, stress resilient, dynamic and known for providing high quality advice
Please direct any inquiries regarding this position, in complete confidence, to Alena Mikhaelyan at email@example.com or call +44 7469 690701
Applications will be reviewed on a weekly basis and only candidates that meet the specific criteria of our client will be contacted for a telephone interview. Due to the high volume of interest, Legalis can only respond to successful applications. If you do not receive a reply for this particular role we’ve advertised, please do not let this deter you from applying for future roles. For more legal career opportunities please visit:https://legalisglobal.com/job-search/
Legalis adheres to all applicable privacy laws and regulations. Your application for a vacancy represented by Legalis, and the corresponding submission of the personal data contained in your CV, implies consent to the dissemination of your personal and professional details for work-finding purposes. All applications to Legalis are handled with the strictest of confidentiality and your CV will never be forwarded to a third party without your express and prior consent. In addition, by applying for this vacancy you agree that Legalis has full authorization to handle your information internally. Further details are available upon request.