Our client is a well-reputed law firm with offices around the world. They seek an experienced Partner, Director or Counsel to join their successful office in Brussels.
The firm is currently looking to hire a Senior tax professional with technical tax experience as well as expertise in dealing with tax authorities. The successful candidate will have a broad range of technical corporate tax expertise in diverse facets of international business taxation, including in mergers & acquisitions, corporate restructuring, joint ventures, capital markets, international tax planning, transfer pricing, VAT and customs duties, financial institution, and property taxation. The job holder will plan, and oversee all aspects of the tax practice in the Brussels office. You will work with clients and play an essential role contributing to the development of the business.
A portable book of primary business/clients and active relationships with key business contacts and referral sources is important. For candidates coming from the Big4, we welcome interest from Senior Partners / Senior Counsels / Directors on the cusp of partnership who enjoy new business development activities, networking and have a developing book of business with a consistent upward. We are looking for a candidate who is prepared to truly invest in the further development of the tax practice of this firm and has the ambition to build market presence and become a market-leader.
The ideal candidates must possess the following assets/abilities:
- Belgian qualified lawyer;
- Dutch native;
- Fluent in English is a must, any other European languages are a plus;
- A clear understanding of all aspects of Dutch employment law and the ability to put this knowledge to practice;
- 10 years minimum of relevant experience in an international and reputed law-firm/Big4;
- Portable business commensurate with what a leader would deliver;
- Client focused, stress resilient, and known for providing high quality service and advice;
- Team leadership and team-building abilities as well as business development oriented.
Please direct any inquiries regarding this position, in complete confidence, to Csaba Palicsko email@example.com or +32 472 533 451.
Legalis adheres to all applicable privacy laws and regulations. By applying for this vacancy you agree that Legalis has full authorization to handle your information internally. Further details are available upon request.