Global cutting edge client in the innovation space seeks a German qualified Litigator to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, come work for this client, and move the world forward, together.
They seek an ambitious Senior Counsel to cover the German legal operations based in the Berlin office while working in close collaboration with colleagues from across the EMEA Legal department. You will be part of the Western and Southern Europe legal team, reporting directly into the Legal Director for the region and, as such, you will be expected to occasionally travel in the region and to our international HQ in Amsterdam. Amsterdam could also be considered a base but it less preferable than Berlin.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
· Be a true business partner by providing proactive and cutting-edge legal advice on a variety of areas and matters for the company to stay ahead of the curve and efficiently manage (legal) risk.
· Lead on legal work in regulatory matters and dispute management, including drafting, attending hearings and generally advising the business on how to best handle potentially contentious situations.
· Be an active partner to the business on products development and marketplace efficiencies.
· Understand, interpret and apply current regulations as applicable to the client’s business models in Germany.
· Effectively and efficiently manage outside counsels to achieve regulatory and policy objectives.
· Work hard but have fun doing it!
WHAT YOU NEED
· 8+ years of legal experience on German-speaking countries, ideally mixing international law firm and in-house experience
· German at mother-tongue level, fluent in written and spoken English and any other latin language a plus
· Entrepreneurial spirit or experience strongly preferred
· Excellent business judgment, communication, interpersonal skills, and a crisp writing style
· Able to think on your feet and make quick decisions in high impact/high profile situations
· Strong interest in expanding scope of your practice to other areas of law
· Personal qualities: determined, creative, engaged and humble!
If you wish to be considered for this role, please send your CV in English in complete confidence to Dr. Marc-Tell Madl at firstname.lastname@example.org
Legalis adheres to all applicable privacy laws and regulations. Your application for a vacancy represented by Legalis, and the corresponding submission of the personal data contained in your CV, implies consent to the dissemination of your personal and professional details for work-finding purposes. All applications to Legalis are handled with the strictest of confidentiality and your CV will never be forwarded to a third party without your express and prior consent. In addition, by applying for this vacancy you agree that Legalis has full authorization to handle your information internally. Further details are available upon request.