Our Client, an international law firm, is seeking to recruit a Risk Analyst in Prague reporting to the Risk Manager and the Head and Deputy Head of Risk.
- Working as part of the team operating New Business Intake (“NBI”) system:
- Reviewing new client and matter requests submitted via the firm’s NBI system, raising queries as necessary and performing conflict searches and analysing results to identify conflicts in accordance with Firm policy and relevant regulatory requirements.
- Liaising with partners, staff and other members of the Risk Team to facilitate the prompt resolution of commercial and legal conflict issues identified from conflict searches.
- Preparing conflict waivers, letters of non-objection and other conflict-related documentation as well as establishing and maintaining information barriers as necessary.
- Ensuring anti-money laundering, sanctions and other risk checks have been carried out for new and existing clients in compliance with Firm policy and applicable regulatory requirements, and that relevant data is properly entered and maintained on the Firm’s systems.
- Assisting the practice in establishing engagement terms and advising on client imposed terms.
- Dealing with procedural queries raised by users of the NBI system.
- Providing ad-hoc advice and participating in presentations to the practice on all aspects of NBI related policy and regulation including providing guidance on conflict management, anti-money laundering requirements, sanctions and engagement.
- Working on discrete projects to continuously improve NBI policy and process.
- Providing support to the practice on general Compliance matters such as Share Dealing, Confidentiality Obligations, Outside Interests, Anti-Bribery and Corruption:
- Ensuring Firm policy is in line with global requirements and adheres to local regulation.
- Advising the practice on compliance with ad-hoc compliance issues.
- General support and advice to the Firm’s Head and Deputy Head of Risk and Risk Managers as and when required.
Qualifications & Experience
- A relevant graduate level qualification.
- Experience working in a professional partnership, or in a business services environment.
- Proven experience with CRM or similar software tools as well as MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience of working on projects.
- Excellent analytic and multi-tasking skills.
- Strong communication skills both verbally and written.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- An understanding of legal transactions undertaken by commercial law firms and the ethical and regulatory environment in which they operate.
- A legal graduate or postgraduate qualification.
- Relevant legal experience and/or experience working in the compliance/risk department of an international law firm or other professional or financial services firm.
- A good understanding of and experience of dealing with conflicts of interests, Anti-money laundering, sanctions regulation and other regulations and Ethics requirements relevant to legal practice.
- Proficiency in languages.
To apply please contact Emma Plumtree at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Legalis adheres to all applicable privacy laws and regulations. By inquiring for this role, you agree that Legalis has full authorization to handle your information internally. Further details are available upon request.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://email@example.com. →