Our client, an international law firm is currently seeking a Senior Risk Analyst Lawyer to be based in their Prague office.
The successful candidate will be focused on assessing new business intake including:
· Reviewing new client and matter requests, performing conflict searches and analyzing results to identify conflicts in accordance with the firm policy and relevant regulatory requirements
· Liaising with partners and other members of the team and dealing with procedural queries.
· Preparing conflict waivers, letters of non-objections and other conflict-related documentation as well as establishing and maintain information barriers as necessary
· Assisting the practice in establishing engagement terms and advising on client imposed terms
· Dealing with procedural queries
The role entails providing support to the practice on general Compliance matters such as Share Dealing, Confidentiality Obligations, Outside Interests, Anti-Bribery and Corruption.
General support and advice to the Firm’s Head and Deputy Head of Risk and Risk Managers will also be required.
You must have
· Strong legal or other relevant graduate background
· Ideally a risk management qualification or experience working with risk management software
· Experience in practice and/or compliance at an international law firm, or other global professional or financial firm.
· Understanding of the risk, ethical and regulatory environment in which law firms operate to include a good understanding of Bar rules and regulation relevant to legal practice, such as: conflict rules, EU Anti-money laundering laws; international sanctions regimes or data-protection regulation.
The role requires someone who has both excellent analytical and communication skills, the ability to multi-task, and work under pressure. You must also be able to share knowledge with and develop the knowledge for other Risk team members and work collaboratively on projects.
You should possess excellent spoken and written English skills. Proficiency in other languages would be desirable. This role is not limited to Czech Nationals.
Business services staff play a significant role in the success of this firm and their commitment to outstanding client service. If you would have interest in this outstanding opportunity, please send your CV in English in complete confidence to Emma Plumtree at email@example.com . Applications will be reviewed on a weekly basis and candidates that meet the specific criteria of our client will be contacted for a telephone interview.