French Speaking Litigation Paralegal / Law Student | Full-time, Part-time & internships | Budapest
Europe law firm setting up a business support center in Budapest is seeking law students (part-time) to support attorneys by investigating facts, preparing legal documents, and organizing case documents. The role is open to foreign lawyers in Budapest (or wishing to move to Budapest).
*Preference for candidates already in Budapest or who have a reason to stay long term.
- Investigation: Assist with organisation and retention of all essential case records; gather case facts, documents, and evidence; create case investigation notebooks; create indices and chronologies of case facts and records; conduct legal research and prepare memorandum.
- Pleadings: Knowledge of legal terminology and legal document formats in order to read, interpret, prepare, revise, and finalize legal documents; ability to create Table of Contents and Table of Authorities; demonstrated knowledge of Bluebooking and ability to cite check.
- Discovery: Aid attorneys in drafting and responding to discovery documents, including interrogatories, requests for production, and requests for admissions; create and maintain discovery indices; organize, review, and analyze documents, including financial records; prepare witness statement/depositions and summaries.
- Pre-Hearing/Hearing: Organize and indexes documents and evidence, including all exhibits and witness lists; prepares trial binders; assists in drafting settlement agreements and distribution statements.
- Calendar: Maintains and updates calendars, including all docketing, for active cases.
- Technology: Type approximately 60 net words per minute; must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint), Adobe Acrobat Pro, iManage, Elite, iPro, and DocuSign (or similar document management and time entry programs); strive to become proficient in new technology rollouts and willingness to attend trainings when offered.
- Teamwork: Ability to effectively communicate and work cooperatively with attorneys, staff, clients, coworkers, and vendors; proactively demonstrates effective teamwork and provides assistance to other paralegals as time permits; operates as a backup paralegal when needed; analytic ability to apply knowledge to practical applications and to foresee possible problems and effective solutions.
- Miscellaneous: Maintains confidentiality of all client and firm information; ability to work independently and effectively under time constraints and pre-set deadlines in an accurate manner with consistent high production; requires minimal supervision; ability to generate and implement new procedures for specific situations; willingness to meet the requirements of the position, accepting a wide variety of assignments as called upon; demonstrate skills in organizing and prioritizing multiple tasks; demonstrate reliability and willingness to work in a complex environment; other duties as assigned.
- Able to be trained in the above work.
- Communication: Ability to communicate effectively both written and verbally.
- Ability to communicate fluently in French and English both written and verbally
- Teamwork: Encourages and facilitates cooperation, pride, trust, and group identity; fosters commitment and teamwork while encouraging others to achieve goals.
- Organization Skills: Ability to handle multiple deadlines while organizing and prioritizing tasks, as well as time management.
- Interpersonal Skills: Shows understanding, courtesy, tact, and empathy while cooperating with and relating to others; building relationships with people at all levels; shows dedication, work ethic, integrity, dependability, reliability, flexibility, adaptability, and a positive attitude.
- Analytical: Detail oriented; ability to analyze problems; ability to problem solve.
- Integrity & Honesty: Able to display high standards of ethical conduct and understand the impact of violating same; is trustworthy; chooses an ethical course of action.
Preferred Education and Experience
A law degree or a bachelor’s degree and currently studying for your Law degree; CEU graduating LLM students are highly desirable for this role regardless of nationality.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the part time student or intern for this role.
To apply for this position, please contact in complete confidence: Karin Bryce at email@example.com
Legalis will respond to all successful applications. If you have not been contacted your application has been unsuccessful. Due to the high volume of CVs received, we are unable to reply to every individual application. If you do not receive a reply for this particular role we’ve advertised, please do not let this deter you from applying for future roles. For more legal career opportunities please visit: https://legalisglobal.com/job-search/
Legalis adheres to all applicable privacy laws and regulations. Your application for a vacancy represented by Legalis, and the corresponding submission of the personal data contained in your CV, implies consent to the dissemination of your personal and professional details for work-finding purposes. All applications to Legalis are handled with the strictest of confidentiality and your CV will never be forwarded to a third party without your express and prior consent. In addition, by applying for this vacancy you agree that Legalis has full authorization to handle your information internally. Further details are available upon request.