Our client is a prestigious global law firm serving leading companies, financial institutions and governments worldwide. Due to its cross-border work they attract a diverse group of work force. Diversity is a core value of our client.
Our client is looking for skilled and highly qualified associates with 3 to 5 years of experience to join a Commercial Litigation team dedicated to the representation of technology companies facing disputes internationally. You should have strong academic credentials and be ambitious and passionate about work, ready for the challenges of working in a global law firm, service-minded with strong interpersonal skills and able to work in team.
As an associate, you will have the opportunity to help provide full service support to technology companies on a regulatory and litigation matters throughout the world, as well as product advice.
This department represents businesses in all stages of domestic and international litigation, before trial, appellate, regulatory and alternative dispute resolution tribunals across the world. Renowned for the global breadth and local depth of their experience in this field, our client is a trusted advisor to the world’s leading financial institutions, largest corporations, sovereign governments, executives and directors. As well as guiding companies through their most complex and significant litigation challenges, our client also helps them steer clear of disputes, by developing and implementing risk management and compliance measures.
As an associate joining the Commercial Litigation practice, you will be given responsibility for a wide range of tasks, spanning drafting and document analysis, legal research, correspondence and trial preparation. While you will not be required to undertake oral advocacy at a junior level, you will be closely involved in the development of trial strategy and regularly called upon to attend court hearings.
The work can be demanding, but is always rewarding—offering excellent opportunities for learning and development. Our client fosters a collegial working environment where partners are friendly and accessible, and colleagues always supportive and open to questions. Your professional development will also be enhanced by regular interaction with colleagues across the firm’s global network, with specialist knowledge of such practice areas as Antitrust/Competition, International Arbitration, Intellectual Property and Environment & Climate Change.
- Develop litigation strategy for commercial litigation matters throughout the globe with LATAM focus, and oversee on-the-ground counsel to implement strategy
- Draft motions, trial briefs, examination outlines, and other litigation related documents in Spanish
- Advise clients on risk assessments associated with newly developed products, policies, and business structures
- Analyze reports of unlawful content relating to content posted by users on social media services
- Research and present global analysis of laws impacting social media companies, including intermediary liability, hate speech, defamation, etc.
- Review and advise on proposed laws and regulations across LATAM
Education and Qualifications
- 3 to 5 years of Commercial Litigation/law firm experience
- Fluency in spoken and written Portuguese required
- Class action experience a plus
- Strong academic record and intellectual curiosity, creative thinker
- Commercial and business awareness
- Outstanding communication skills
- Strong time management skills, ability to stay calm under pressure when juggling multiple projects
- Proficiency in Excel a plus
- Excellent drafting skills
- Driven by professional growth
- Strong professional presence
- Client service focus
- Team player
- Strong judgment
- Proactive, resourceful, takes initiative and a self-starter
- Fluency in English
- Foreign language proficiency a plus
- Admitted to the bar and in good standing
- Location & Reporting
Location and Reporting
- Los Angeles office
Please submit your applications to Betty Archer at email@example.com
Legalis will respond to all successful applications. If you have not been contacted your application has been unsuccessful. Due to the high volume of CVs received, we are unable to reply to every individual application. If you do not receive a reply for this particular role we’ve advertised, please do not let this deter you from applying for future roles. For more legal career opportunities please visit: https://legalisglobal.com/job-search/
Legalis adheres to all applicable privacy laws and regulations. Your application for a vacancy represented by Legalis, and the corresponding submission of the personal data contained in your CV, implies consent to the dissemination of your personal and professional details for work-seeking purposes. All applications to Legalis are handled with the strictest of confidentiality and your CV will never be forwarded to a third party without your express and prior consent. In addition, by applying for this vacancy you agree that Legalis has full authorization to handle your information internally. Further details are available upon request.