Our client, a top-tier international firm, seeks a banking and finance associate with capital markets expertise to join their team in Prague. This banking and finance team works with innovative finance products across the world. The firm’s experience ensures clients are working with a team that truly understands the local market. Emerging jurisdictions often engage the firm to assist in the development of banking and finance legislative frameworks.
The firm’s DCM team works on a range of international debt capital markets transactions, primarily advising issuers from emerging market jurisdictions on public listed bond offerings.The team also advises bond trustees in connection with new and restructured deals and lead managers on new issues.The group also handles some limited ECM work.They are looking for junior and senior associates with between 2 – 6 years of post-qualification experience. Ideally the candidate will have significant experience within the debt capital markets team of an international law firm, working for underwriters and issuers in connection with international bond issues and medium term note programs.
In this role you should:
- Draft and negotiate standard bond documentation
- Draft prospectuses for issuers across a range of industry sectors and jurisdictions (and, preferable, have good experience of transactions in emerging markets)
- Have a strong understanding of the listing rules and disclosure requirements
- Take a lead role on transactions
Experience of the following would be helpful but are not absolute requirements: advising bond trustees; liability management transactions; OTC derivatives; securitization and/or structured finance transactions; and high yield. The candidate will be keen to work on a range of different transaction structures, have a strong academic background and is Czech qualified.
Skills & Attributes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both Czech and English
- Highly structured and organised individual, with good attention to detail, accuracy and quality
- Able to interact positively at all levels within the firm and a good team player
- Able to demonstrate good client/customer facing skills
- Able to make decisions and remain calm while under pressure – particularly when dealing with difficult situations
- Proactive with a “can-do” attitude in all areas, with a strong sense of self-motivation.
For further consideration, please contact Karin Bryce at email@example.com or +36 20 944 4292
Legalis adheres to all applicable privacy laws and regulations. Your application for a vacancy represented by Legalis, and the corresponding submission of the personal data contained in your CV, implies consent to the dissemination of your personal and professional details for work-finding purposes. All applications to Legalis are handled with the strictest of confidentiality and your CV will never be forwarded to a third party without your express and prior consent. In addition, by applying for this vacancy you agree that Legalis has full authorization to handle your information internally. Further details are available upon request.