Our client, an international law firm, seeks an Executive Assistant to the Managing Partner at their top tier Istanbul office.
The ideal candidate will be experienced in handling a wide range of administrative and executive support related tasks, with the ability to work independently with little or no supervision. You must be well organized, flexible, and enjoy the administrative challenges of supporting a mid-sized office, and representing the Managing Partner vis-à-vis the global firm with which the Istanbul firm is associated. The ability to interact with local staff (at all levels) as well as the global firm; in a fast paced environment, sometimes under pressure, while remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful, and efficient, with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality is crucial to this role. Expert level written and verbal communication skills, strong decision making ability, and attention to detail are equally important.
- Being responsible for heavy calendar management, requiring interaction with internal senior partners and senior executives of clients as well as other lawyers and staff to coordinate a variety of complex executive meetings.
- Handling phone calls to the Partner and direct all incoming calls to appropriate party promptly and efficiently. Serving as an effective “gate keeper” to allow the Partner to focus on strategy and key client matters.
- Communicating and handling incoming and outgoing electronic communication on behalf of the Partner.
- Serving as a liaison between administrative departments, lawyers, and the Partner.
- Arranging travel schedule and reservations for the Partner as needed.
- Assisting the Partner with preparation of presentation materials.
- Conducting research, compiling data, and preparing memos, letters, financial statements and other documents for consideration and presentation by Partner and other leadership. Reviewing and summarizing miscellaneous reports and documents.
- Preparing agendas and meeting arrangements for the Partner / Office. Attending meetings in order to record minutes; compiling, transcribing, and distributing minutes of meetings.
- Preparing bills / expense reports for reimbursement for the Partner.
- Proofreading and correcting English correspondence, and preparation of every type of document.
- Substituting other support staff members when necessary (i.e. HR tasks or office administration).
- Performing general office duties occasionally such as ordering supplies, maintaining records management systems, and performing basic bookkeeping work.
- Performing any other duties as required by the Firm.
- Good judgment; willingness to ask follow up questions if instructions are unclear.
- Discretion and an understanding of the need for confidentiality
- Excellent attention to detail and familiarity with available resources.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously, and timely follow through on issues.
- An organized and efficient style.
- The ability to provide excellent internal and external customer service to attorneys, clients and visitors.
- Must be a team player and have the ability to provide support to multiple lawyers / management as needed.
- Must foster good relationships and trust with other members of the Team and the office as a whole.
Demonstrate proficiency in the use of the Firm’s software programs, including but not limited to, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Internet and Intranet, LinkedIn, Social Media usage, practice related software and the use of office equipment such as PDF Scanners, copiers, and fax machines. Draft, proofread and format documents in Turkish and English.
The position ideally requires an international background, experience at a law firm or international professional services company (Big Four), and/or PA experience supporting an expatriate manager at an international company. Candidates having either a legal background, law firm experience, experience at a professional services firm (consultancy, bank, financial institution) will be considered in the first instance.
A college degree would be advantageous. Fluency in English, Business English and native Turkish is necessary. Additional languages are a plus.
To apply please contact Emese Szoverfi at firstname.lastname@example.org for a confidential phone conversation.
Legalis will respond to all successful applications. If you have not been contacted your application has been unsuccessful. Due to the high volume of CVs received, we are unable to reply to every individual application. If you do not receive a reply for this particular role we’ve advertised, please do not let this deter you from applying for future roles. For more legal career opportunities please visit: https://legalisglobal.com/job-search/
Legalis adheres to all applicable privacy laws and regulations. Your application for a vacancy represented by Legalis, and the corresponding submission of the personal data contained in your CV, implies consent to the dissemination of your personal and professional details for work-finding purposes. All applications to Legalis are handled with the strictest of confidentiality and your CV will never be forwarded to a third party without your express and prior consent. In addition, by applying for this vacancy you agree that Legalis has full authorization to handle your information internally. Further details are available upon request.