One of the leading law firms in Europe would like to expand its team in Budapest and is looking a Corporate/M&A partner.
Their Budapest Corporate/M&A team is seeking a Partner with portable business, who is experienced in advising clients on these intricately structured transactions, often involving multiple jurisdictions and compressed time periods, which are commonplace in today’s mergers and acquisitions environment.
The individual will be active in domestic and cross-border corporate transactions, primarily major mergers, acquisitions and joint ventures. They will lead in devising creative deal structures, designing acquisition programs and planning and implementing strategies for both acquirers and potential acquisition targets in domestic and cross-border transactions.
The ideal candidate will have had some exposure to areas as diverse as environmental, labor, competition, intellectual property and other areas of relevance to M&A transactions. They will have the ability to lead, grow and manage the team, manage client acquisition, leverage contacts and network of the firm in multiple markets throughout the region.
Our client is interested in candidates having the following abilities and assets:
- Strong reputation in Corporate/M&A;
- At least 10 years+ of relevant experience in Corporate/M&A in a leading international or major Hungarian law firm;
- Strong background with exposure areas of relevance to M&A transactions;
- Proven entrepreneurial track record;
- Team leadership and team-building abilities;
- Portable business commensurate with what a leader/rainmaker would deliver;
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken. German is a big plus but not necessary;
- Hungarian legal qualification is necessary;
- Client focused, stress resilient, and known for providing high quality service and advice.
Please direct any inquiries regarding this position, in complete confidence, to Anna Lukacs (email@example.com).
Legalis adheres to all applicable privacy laws and regulations. By inquiring for this role, you agree that Legalis has full authorization to handle your information internally. Further details are available upon request.