Our client is a well-reputed international law firm that is seeking a Business Development (BD) Executive to join their BD Team in the firm’s Hamburg office. The present vacancy is an 18-month maternity leave cover, full time contract.
The BD Executive will be an integral part of the central BD team providing direct support to fee earners in the local region and facilitating access to the wider BD function in the UK (including Bids, Sectors, International, Marketing and Communications).
Working as part of the BD team, the BD Executive will:
- support on the production and delivery of bids and proposals for new business opportunities;
- deliver research on client and target clients;
- take ownership of collating, storing and updating local market experience and ensuring that all cross-border activity is incorporated into the international referrals database;
- organise from an administrative perspective, local events from start to finish through the Firm’s events process;
- develop consistent collateral whether it be brochures, credentials and reports (alongside the wider BD team where necessary);
- engage with fee earners to capture, maintain and update information such as project/matter deals and intranet sites such as SharePoint, HighQ etc;
- own and maintain the German pages on the website – ensuring content is kept up-to-date;
- project manage the completion of local legal directory submissions to meet the requisite deadlines;
- assist with CRM enquiries, providing e-marketing support for events and publications;
- foster and co-ordinate participation by partners and other fee-earners in local professional networks;
- support fee earners and subject matter experts to develop an article writing programme (for the website and other local sources).
Knowledge, skills and experience required
- A real “can do” attitude and an ability to find solutions;
- Fully fluent in German and English – spoken and written;
- Experience of using different types of social media, especially those specific to the Asian markets e.g. WeChat
- Full appreciation of cultural nuances across the Asian region and ability to communicate these effectively to colleagues
- Ability to manage bids effectively, and calmly in a fast paced environment to tight deadlines
- Good writing and editorial skills – fluent in English and Mandarin
- Marketing or Law degree (or equivalent) is desirable but not essential
- Experience of working in a professional services or similar organisation is desirable
If you would have interest in this outstanding opportunity, please send your CV in English in complete confidence to Emma Plumtree at firstname.lastname@example.org . Applications will be reviewed on a weekly basis and candidates that meet the specific criteria of our client will be contacted for a telephone interview.
Legalis adheres to all applicable privacy laws and regulations. By inquiring for this role, you agree that Legalis has full authorization to handle your information internally. Further details are available upon request.