Our client, a leading International law firm, has an exciting opportunity to join the firm as Business Development Director in their Almaty office.
The purpose of this role is to build a business development and marketing strategy, fully aligned with the firm’s business objectives. The role holder will support all practice areas by building and driving the firm’s client centric focus and business development activities in Kazakhstan and the region. You will develop the systems and structures to enable and engage fee earners with cross-selling and client development initiatives and ensure client relationship management is a high priority for all partners and fee earners. You will be responsible for delivery and project management of marketing and BD plans including Practice Area and Industry. This includes advising and coaching partners on proposals, tenders and personal and firm brand building activities.
Scope of responsibilities will include:
- Managing, driving and providing strategic input to key pitches and proposals as well as to the legal directory submissions;
- Working with the partners and fee earners to identify and pursue cross-selling opportunities;
- Reviewing the client portfolio and key relationships and developing client account plans, playing an active part in client teams, and working with partners to deliver against client development objectives;
- Assessing the value, relevance and cost/benefits of various profile raising and events options with key clients and decision makers;
- Working with the offices to develop, implement and drive sector-specific marketing strategies and plans, providing value-added business development and marketing support;
- Identifying new business opportunities and working with the relevant partners and associates to convert these opportunities;
- Managing the priorities, workflow and activities of the firm’s marketing resources while developing, monitoring and controlling the marketing budget;
- Ensuring that all lawyers are updated on developments in their sectors, and with their key clients, on a timely basis;
- Coaching partners and associates to raise their level of business development skills/awareness;
- Managing and reporting on the contribution of the various offices to the Firm’s client and other business development initiatives. Leveraging innovative ideas from other offices;
- Engaging and managing the resource of other practice support teams, as required, to deliver an integrated service to meet the practice development objectives of all lawyers.
The ideal candidate will have excellent English and Russian written and oral communication skills as well as at least 5 years of experience in Marketing or BD gained at an international law firm or Big4. You will have track record of strong project and resource management and a proven ability to deliver to tight deadlines, juggle multiple projects and enjoy working under pressure. Alongside this, strong communications skills both verbal and written along with excellent editorial skills are required. Equally so, you should have a proactive and positive approach backed by the drive to work hard and succeed with this mission. Good influencing and negotiating skills and an ability to persuade others to deliver is a must. Essentially, your ultimate goal in this role is to become the trusted advisor for all BD matters from conception, new ideas to execution.
Please direct any inquiries regarding this position, in complete confidence, to Alena Mikhaelyan at email@example.com or call +44 7469 690701.
Applications will be reviewed on a weekly basis and only candidates that meet the specific criteria of our client will be contacted for a telephone interview. Due to the high volume of interest, Legalis can only respond to successful applications. If you do not receive a reply for this particular role we’ve advertised, please do not let this deter you from applying for future roles. For more legal career opportunities please visit:https://legalisglobal.com/job-search/
Legalis adheres to all applicable privacy laws and regulations. Your application for a vacancy represented by Legalis, and the corresponding submission of the personal data contained in your CV, implies consent to the dissemination of your personal and professional details for work-finding purposes. All applications to Legalis are handled with the strictest of confidentiality and your CV will never be forwarded to a third party without your express and prior consent. In addition, by applying for this vacancy you agree that Legalis has full authorization to handle your information internally. Further details are available upon request.