Latin America Practice and Project Finance Group Win Five “Deal of the Year” Awards.
Chadbourne & Parke LLP is honored to announce that it was named “Legal Adviser of the Year” at the IJGlobal Awards for the Americas. In addition, the firm advised on five transactions that IJGlobal recognized as “Americas Deal of the Year” in different categories.
Chadbourne advised on the following five deals that were selected for awards:
- North American LNG Deal of the Year: Corpus Christi LNG – Represented the lenders in connection with the US$11.5 billion senior debt financing for the Corpus Christi LNG Project.
- North American Wind Deal of the Year: Block Island Wind Farm – Advised the lenders on the US$290 million financing of the Block Island Wind Farm, the first utility-scale offshore wind farm in the United States.
- Latin American Multi-Source Financing Deal of the Year: Lima Metro Line 2 – Counsel to the underwriters in a US$1.15 billion senior secured note offering to finance a portion of the construction costs of the second line of the Lima and Callao metro project in Peru. This is the largest ever bond offering supported by Peruvian government payment rights.
- Latin American Telecoms Deal of the Year: Red Dorsal Bond Offering – Advised the concessionaires and sponsors on a US$274 million project bond offering for a major new fiber optic project in Peru.
- Latin American Wind Deal of the Year: Tres Mesas Wind Farm – Represented the senior lenders on the financing of the 148.5 MW Tres Mesas wind farm under development in Tamaulipas, Mexico.
“Chadbourne continues to lead the market for innovative infrastructure and project finance work, and these awards are a testament to the hard work and tremendous contributions of our entire team,” said Rohit Chaudhry, co-head of Chadbourne’s Project Finance Group. “We are very proud to accept these awards from IJGlobal, which highlight the breadth and depth of our work throughout the Americas.”
“Last year we advised on some of the most complex deals in Latin America, and we are honored that IJGlobal chose to recognize and reward our work,” said Allen Miller, co-head of Chadbourne’s Latin America Practice.” We continue to benefit from our vast experience and deep client relationships in Latin America, and we are gratified that our clients continue to engage us on their most critical matters in the region.”
Chadbourne has advised on energy and infrastructure transactions in more than 80 countries, with particular strength in the Americas and in emerging markets. The firm has been a leader and pioneer in Latin America for decades. Our dedicated multidisciplinary Latin America team has been privileged to work in virtually every country in Latin America across a broad array of disciplines, with particular strength in corporate, capital markets, and project finance transactions. Chadbourne is consistently ranked among the leading law firms practicing in Latin America by Chambers Latin America and The Legal 500 Latin America for its work across multiple practice areas, and the firm has won more than twenty “Deal of the Year” or “Team of the Year” awards since 2014.
Research prepared by IJGlobal shows Chadbourne & Parke LLP to be one of the most active law firms in the world for infrastructure and project finance transactions. According to the research, Chadbourne ranked #1 in global oil and gas project financings and #1 overall for North America project finance in 2015, by total value of transactions. The firm showed particular strength in renewable energy projects with a #1 ranking in North America renewable projects and a #2 for renewable projects globally, both by transaction volume. Some 90 lawyers work full time in the core project finance group, and another 40 are heavily engaged in energy transactions. Chadbourne was recently named a “Project Finance Group of the Year” by Law360, marking the second consecutive year that the group has received this honor.
The original press release can be found here on Chadbourne & Parke’s website.